Friday, July 26, 2013

My Favorite Place on Earth

Hey guys! I told you I wouldn't wait 4 months! We have some catching up to do! Now, it's no secret I am a New England Girl, through and through. I could NEVER live away from the ocean. I mean, I guess if I found a fabulous job that paid lots of moolah so I could fly to the coast whenever I wanted, I could do that, but that will probably not happen. Any time soon at least! Ha!


So every year my parents go to Nantucket in May. They have been going there for over 30 years.  I get my love for the coast from them. They have done the summer thing and are all set with the crowds so when the opportunity arrived to purchase a Time Share in May, they jumped on it. The Island is just barely ready to open for the summer season, but that is why it is so nice. You don't need a reservation for dinner. There are stools at the bar at the Brotherhood. You can walk into T-shirt stores and not push through crowds. It's quite lovely. 



This year, because I am currently without employment, I stayed from Saturday - Wednesday which I haven't done in years. I missed the boys (Hubby and Finn) at home, but it was so nice. Plus I was still feeling icky from this baby growing inside me so it was really nice to relax.  

USUALLY we schedule in some time to hit up the Cisco Bewery, but for obviously reasons, this year we did not. Something that we always do, is make sure we get time to drive around the Island to get some photos. We took a drive out to Madeket & Wauwinet, both of which I haven't been out to in many years. It was a beautiful day. As always we walk down to the Brant Point Lighthouse, and drive to Great Point. Perfect for taking pictures. Check out some of my favorite shots!

This was such a perfect Nantucket Day. Cloudless sky, a perfect 60* and a gorgeous sea breeze coming off the harbor.  Mom and I sat on those rocks for over an hour and just, well sat. Such a great morning. 



Where we stay (just outside of town) there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Come to the other side of the island and you get this. Oh and it was about 40 degrees. And the ocean was about 33 degrees. Beautiful photo though! 

Buy this one HERE!
Buy this one HERE!



Obviously I had to snap one of the pup. Not many things make me happier than a happy dog! Especially in the sand on the beach :-)


I don't know why I love this one so much. Maybe because there is a little mystery. Who owns this boat? What do they use it for? It was just sitting there all by it's lonesome. I love it. Buy this one HERE!


Thank you for checking out The Island. Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

::C::

No comments:

Post a Comment